An accessible destination for everyone
Powerscourt is a highly accessible destination for our visitors.
Powerscourt Estate prides itself on the welcome we offer to all our visitors. There is good access to the gardens, shops and terrace café and wheelchairs are available to borrow while you enjoy your visit with us. We recommend that these are booked in advance through our reception team to avoid any disappointment. Wheelchair users and families with buggies will find our attractions easy to access, and our facilities suitably equipped. Those with limited mobility will appreciate the number of benches and picnic tables located in both Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall. Our visitors are welcome to park their cars next to the Waterfall so they can fully experience its beauty. For any queries regarding accessibility, please get in contact with us. We look forward to welcoming you to Powerscourt.
Accessibility at Powercourt House
- Parking: Disabled Parking is available in our car-park.
- Drop-off Point: Disabled visitors are welcome to stop at the drop off point at the front of Powerscourt House.
- Carer & Assistants: Carers travelling with people with disabilities are entitled to free entrance to the Gardens.
- Disabled Route: There is a disabled route through Powerscourt Gardens. Our reception team will be delighted to help you with any queries.
- Café: There is disabled access to the Terrace Café and Terrace area.
- Toilets: There are disabled toilets available in Powerscourt House.
- Lift: There is a lift to the ballroom on first floor of Powerscourt House.
- Wheelchairs: There are wheelchairs at our house reception which visitors to the gardens are welcome to use. Please book in advance by phoning +353 (0)1 204 6000 to avoid any disappointment. A €20 refundable deposit is required.
- Dogs: Unfortunately dogs are not permitted in Powerscourt House, with the exception of Guide Dogs.
Accessibility at Powerscourt Waterfall
- Parking: There is ample parking at the waterfall, close to the refreshment area and toilet facilities.
- Toilets: There are disabled toilets available at the waterfall.
- Access: The areas surrounding the waterfall are largely accessible for wheelchairs. Please call us on 01 204 6000 if you have specific queries or ask our staff at the waterfall when you arrive.