Powerscourt is readily accessible by road and rail, just 30 minutes from Dublin. There are a host of high quality facilities to make your visit more enjoyable
Powerscourt Estate is located just 20 minutes south of Dublin, or 40 minutes from the airport and there are many transportation options available to reach us.
GPS Coordinates: 3°11’05”N 6°11’13”W / 53.18472°N 6.18694°W
Take the N11 southbound (Wexford). At approximately 19km , take exit 7 for Bray south, Enniskerry, Powerscourt Gardens. Turn left at roundabout, over flyover and rejoin N11 heading north. Take first left for Enniskerry Village (Exit 6a). Continue along road to Enniskerry Village. Take the road to the left of the clock tower, in the village square, continue up steep hill for 600m. Powerscourt entrance is on the right-hand side opposite church entrance.
The closest public transportation to the estate is the 185 and 44 bus services which take visitors to Enniskerry village in County Wicklow. Buses run every hour.
The 44 bus travels direct from City centre to Enniskerry village and takes approx 45 mins to an hour.
The 185 bus connects Bray to Enniskerry.
The village is a short walk from the Estate, approximately 20 minutes and we’d advise you to wear comfortable shoes as part of the walk is also uphill. Be prepared to make your stroll a pleasant one!
The nearest DART station (rail) to the Estate is Bray, County Wicklow which connects the 185 bus with Dublin City Centre. The rail line runs along the coast of Dublin, from Malahide and Howth southwards as far as Greystones, County Wicklow.
You can book to join a group on a bus from Dublin City center to visit Powerscourt Gardens. Hilltoptreks offer Award-winning Guided and Self Guided tours in Wicklow. One of their most popular tours is a day tour which includes Powerscourt Gardens and Glendalough. Booking details are below.
You can book a day tour with VIP buses, and join a group from Dublin City centre at the corner of O’Connell Street and Eden Quay from Wednesday to Saturday from 9 am, arriving back in Dublin city at 6.30pm. The first stop on the tour is Powerscourt Estate followed by other key attractions in Wicklow.
There is ample parking at Powerscourt for cars and coaches including accessible car parking.
If you travel by hire car and use an environmentally friendly electric car you can recharge onsite at our EV charging stations using the easy go app.
The waterfall is 6km away from Powerscourt Gardens and is a separate destination. It’s recommended to drive to the waterfall!
GPS Coordinates: 53.1467° N, 6.2105° W
The Waterfall is located 6km from Powerscourt Estate. From Dublin City and Wexford take Exit 8. After 2 km take the first right towards Enniskerry and follow the signs for Powerscourt Waterfall.
We aim to provide our visitors with the very best standard and array of facilities to help them enjoy their visit.
- Parking: There is ample parking for visitors in our car park. Coach parking is also available for up to 20 coaches.
- Refreshments: The Avoca Terrace Café in Powerscourt House provides a wide range of cuisine and can accommodate up to 160 people.
- Picnics: Picnics are not permitted in Powerscourt Gardens.
- Baby Changing Facilities: Baby changing facilities are available in Powerscourt House.
- Information Guides: We provide information guides in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish and Chinese to visitors to Powerscourt Gardens.
- Dogs: Unfortunately dogs are not permitted at Powerscourt Gardens or House, with the exception of Guide Dogs.
- Carer & Assistants: Carers travelling with people with disabilities are entitled to free entrance to the Gardens. The site is partially wheelchair accessible.
- Commercial photography is not permitted anywhere on the estate.
- Refreshments: Visitors are welcome to picnic or BBQ at the waterfall. A refreshment kiosk is available during summer months offering coffee, tea, sandwiches and snacks.
- Carer & Assistants: Carers travelling with people with disabilities are entitled to free entrance to the Waterfall.
- Parking & Toilets: There is parking and toilet facilities available at the waterfall.
- Baby Changing Facilities: Baby changing facilities are available at Powerscourt Waterfall.
- Dogs: Dogs are welcome to visit the waterfall. Please keep them on a leash!
- Photography: Visitors are welcome to take photos during their visit to Powerscourt Estate, however commercial photography is not permitted in the Gardens. Please note that drone photography is not permitted at Powerscourt Estate, unless by prior arrangement with the Powerscourt Estate Office.
Powerscourt Estate prides itself on the welcome we offer to all our visitors and being an accessible destination for everyone.
There is good access to the gardens, shops and terrace café and wheelchairs are available to borrow while you enjoy your visit with us. We recommend that these are booked in advance through our reception team to avoid any disappointment. Unfortunately, access to our first floor shops is not possible in a wheelchair as there are several steps.
Wheelchair users and families with buggies will find our attractions easy to access, and our facilities suitably equipped. Those with limited mobility will appreciate the number of benches and picnic tables located in both Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall.
For any queries regarding accessibility, please get in contact with us. We look forward to welcoming you to Powerscourt.
- Parking: Disabled Parking is available in our carpark.
- Drop-off Point: Disabled visitors are welcome to stop at the drop off point at the front of Powerscourt House.
- Carer & Assistants: Carers travelling with people with disabilities are entitled to free entrance to the Gardens.
- Disabled Route: There is a disabled route through Powerscourt Gardens. Our reception team will be delighted to help you with any queries.
- Café: There is disabled access to the Terrace Café and Terrace area.
- Toilets: There are disabled toilets available in Powerscourt House.
- Lift: There is a lift to the ballroom on first floor of Powerscourt House.
- Wheelchairs: There are wheelchairs at our house reception which visitors to the gardens are welcome to use. Please book in advance by phoning +353 (0)1 204 6000 to avoid any disappointment. A €20 refundable deposit is required.
- Dogs: Dogs are not permitted in Powerscourt House, but we welcome Guide Dogs with open arms.
- Parking: There is ample parking at the waterfall, close to the refreshment area and toilet facilities.
- Toilets: There are disabled toilets available at the waterfall.
- Access: The areas surrounding the waterfall are largely accessible for wheelchairs. Please call us on +353 (0)1 204 6000.
- If you have specific queries or ask our staff at the waterfall when you arrive.