Powerscourt is open year-round and is self-guided. There is coach parking and car-parking available at the Estate. Discounted group rates are available and the travel trade are welcome to enjoy a familiarisation visit of the gardens.
We offer unlimited capacity so you can be sure we will always be able to accommodate your tour group! Whether you are a tour operator or agent, a general tour group, FIT, Gardening Club, Active retired and more, we look forward to working with you!
Choose from one of our many self-guided tours to make the most of our visit to Powerscourt:
- Self-Guided Garden Audio Tour: Includes a Garden Audio Tour around the 47-acre gardens (available on a free downloadable app from the Apple and Play Stores). Approx. 1.5 hours Inclusions.
- Kids Quest (Self-Guided): Includes a fun self-guided educational trail for kids Approx. 0.5 hours.
- Garden Tree Trail (Self-Guided): Includes a self-guided Tour of the key Champion Trees in the 47-acre gardens. Approx. 1.5 hours
- Self-Guided Waterfall Sensory Trail: Ireland’s highest waterfall at 121m. Visitors can enjoy woodland walks and a sensory trail. Approx. 2 hours.
Gardens: Allow a minimum of 90 minutes to visit the gardens and 45 minutes for refreshments in the Terrace Café. Visitors are welcome to browse the craft and gift shops afterwards.
The Terrace Café is run by Avoca
- Featuring home-made food of excellent quality, the café offers freshly-made salads, soups and artisan sandwiches as well as a wide selection of gourmet meals and desserts.
- Vegetarian options are available.
- The Terrace Café is open year-round and seats 160 including outdoor seating.
- The café cannot be booked for groups in advance but there is plenty of capacity to accommodate them.
Visitors are welcome to enjoy a picnic in the courtyard. However, picnics are not permitted in the gardens.
Ample parking available for cars and coaches. Coaches are allowed to pull up directly outside the entrance to the House and Gardens.
Yes. Partial access to House & Gardens. Toilets are located in the courtyard and Powerscourt House.
Two complimentary wheelchairs are available at Powerscourt House reception. Please contact us in advance to book.
Give Powerscourt as a gift
Give the gift of the wonder of Nature. Powerscourt Gift Cards can be used in the Gardens, Garden Pavilion or Golf Club.
An absolutely gorgeous garden. National Geographic rates it the third prettiest in the World. Was there for a couple of hours. Cafe was delicious.
Really worth a visit to the gardens, they are beautiful and you can easily spend a few hours here. The cafe sold really lovely food…something for everyone. Shops were lovely too… the house was closed so we will have to come back 🙂