Powerscourt Estate in Bloom
(Effective June 29th, 2020)
We want to send a warm welcome back to the Estate to all of you. As travel restrictions are being lifted from next Monday (29th June), we look forward to welcoming visitors from across the country back to Powerscourt Estate.
We advise visitors to the Gardens to pre-book in advance online to guarantee entrance. Book on www.powerscourt.com/tickets.
The Gardens are now beautifully in bloom and are a perfect place to visit to unwind and experience nature in all its summer glory. The roses in the Walled Garden, some planted over forty years ago are now in their first flush of colour, visitors can look forward to the roses in their more vibrant second flush over the next few weeks. The Herbaceous Border, the longest double border in the country is now a haven for biodiversity and has something for everyone to enjoy, especially eagle-eyed kids.
There is also good news for shoppers as our boutique stores are re-opening at the house next week including Avoca, The Design loft, and Neptune by Global Village*. The stores now have some great summer sales on homeware, giftware, clothing, and furniture. The Garden Pavilion is also open stocked with locally supplied plants and a large selection of outdoor lifestyle furniture and BBQs.
- The Powerscourt Golf course is open to all golfers to book tee times from the 29th of June, book at powerscourtgolfclub.com.
- The 5 Star Powerscourt Hotel on the Estate is re-opening on the 2nd of July, visit powerscourthotel.com.
- The Powerscourt Distillery re-opens on Friday 3rd July, visit powerscourtdistillery.com for more information.From the 29th of June, the areas and facilities open on the Estate include –
• The Gardens (9.30 am-5.30 pm, 7 days a week, last entry 5 pm)
• The Waterfall (9.30 am- 7 pm, 7 days a week, last entry 6 pm)
• The Garden Pavilion (9.30 am-5.30 pm, 7 days a week, Sunday 10 am – 5.30 pm)
• Avoca Food Hall (9.30 am-5.30 pm, 7 days a week)
• Avoca Cafe Restaurant (9.30 am- 4 pm, 7 days a week)
• The Design Loft (10 am – 5 pm, 7 days a week)
• *Neptune by Global Village Open from the 3rd of July
• Avoca outdoor takeaway coffee & treats
• The Riverwalk (for Annual members)
• The Golf courses (Open to all golfers to book tee times from the 29th of June)
• Powerscourt Hotel open for bookings from the 2nd of July
• Powerscourt Distillery open from Friday 3rd July (Friday & Saturday from 11.30am- 5pm & Sunday 12pm-5.30pm).
To keep our staff, members, and visitors safe we will be facilitating social distancing, hand sanitising, and other safety measures:
- Numbers permitted entry will be monitored & managed in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitiser points are provided on entry and exit points.
- Cleaning staff are rostered to work throughout the day to ensure the highest hygiene standards.
- Signage and 2-meter markings have been implemented to remind everyone about social distancing.
- We are requesting contactless payments are made on the Estate.
- Protective screens have been put in place at till points to protect all visitors and staff.
- A one way entering and exiting system has been implemented in the Gardens & Garden Pavilion.
- Shopping trolleys and baskets at the Garden Pavilion will be cleaned continuously throughout the day.
Visit www.hse.ie/coronavirus for more public health information and guidelines.